Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tomorrow is the day...

 ...when the chemotherapy begins. I go in at 8:15 and will likely be there until mid-afternoon. Sam is going with me, and Mom is looking after little boy :-).

I've been pretty sick today after minor surgery this morning to put a port into my chest. If I understand correctly, the port is like a box missing one side that is put inside the skin of my chest missing side up. A little tube is connected to the back of the port that runs into my vein. The needle to administer chemo, therefore, can just be inserted through my skin and into the port rather than having to stick my arm veins with an IV again and again.

Anyways, I been sick 3 times since this morning. With the more serious biopsy surgery a couple weeks ago, I was fine and hungry afterwards, but this time I haven't wanted anything to eat and barely anything to drink. :-(

Thanks for your prayers, all - I'm looking forward to getting rid of this yuckiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment