There was of course (and will be again, Lord willing) a time when I was ever so thankful for these things, but for now, I can hop into my magnifying glass of a Volvo sedan and feel the blast of intense heat without wishing death and additional ice ages on the Nashville summer. I can eat a normal-sized meal without wishing I had a second course of an extra-large pepperoni pizza. My body is my own again - even if its got cancer - and there is some relief in that. There is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven, scripture says, and I'm thankful I can enjoy Julian as his own little self now, independent of my body for his nutrients.
And soon my naked head will be yet another weapon against the baking Nashville heat, haha! Because life here June to August really is all about finding ways to survive the thick humid roasting summer - even if you have to lose all your hair.
| We have about the same amount of hair now |
No comments:
Post a Comment