Chickpea Pea Quinoa Yum: (Serves 2-ish)
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water or chicken/veg broth
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 package frozen peas
1/2 tub (ish) pesto
Rinse the quinoa and boil with water/broth for 15 mins. Drain chickpeas - cook peas. Mix everything. Add salt and pepper to taste.
![]() |
| This version had onions too. meh. |
And for dessert, the crown of the meal...
Tea and dark chocolate.
But for optimum tea and dark chocolate experience, there's a few steps to follow...
Tea (as taught to me by a native Englishman):
Boil water and pour over teabag
Remove teabag once tea is desired strength (I reccomend a couple minutes)
Add milk to desired color
Leave out the sugar - trust me. You'll taste the chocolate much better.
Chocolate:
For whatever reason, the 70's and 80's of cocoa percentage are inferior to my tastes compared to the 50's, 60's and 90's. So my suggestion is dark chocolate with at least 50 - but not 70's or 80's - percent cocoa.
Enjoy your chocolate after your tea - you can taste the cocoa better when your mouth is warm and melts the chocolate a little on contact.
I'm hard pressed to think of a more satisfying, more nutrient rich meal. Enjoy.


You tell your Englishman to pour the milk before the hot water-we were lectured very sternly on this point while staying in North Caldonian, Islington. For the sake of the empire...I beg of you. Also, thanks for the recipe! Cheers :)
ReplyDeleteHaha - stern lectures on the fine points of tea drinking - I love it! I read in a tea shop in London that pouring the milk first came about because boiling water would crack old-timey teacups on contact...or something like that. Anyway, I reckon milk first is the way to go if you're pouring tea from a teapot, which is really the best way to have tea because it means you have company, isn't it? ;-)
Delete